Energy & Buildings
Climate Action Group
Laura Berman, Assistant Vice President and Assistant University Architect, Rutgers IP&O
Glenn Vliet, Senior Director, Utilities Operations, Rutgers IP&O
Theodore Elonis, Senior Director, Plants & Distribution, Rutgers IP&O
John Fritzen, Director, Facilities and Renovations, Rutgers IP&O
Christopher Hack, Director, Facilities Contract Services, Rutgers IP&O
Jessica Parineet, Graduate Student, Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, RU-NB
Mark Rodgers, Assistant Professor, Rutgers Business School
Mohsen Jafari, Professor and Department Chair, Industrial and Systems Engineering, School of Engineering, RU-NB
- Reduce direct (Scope 1) emissions associated with building facilities at least 20% by 2030.
- Retrofit less efficient buildings
- Install metering, monitoring and control systems
- Eliminate emissions associated with electricity purchased off the grid (Scope 2) by 2030.
- Expand on-campus solar generation
- Procure off-campus zero-carbon electricity
- Eliminate direct (Scope 1) emissions associated with facilities by 2040.
- Phase out fossil natural gas heating and co-generation